Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Comprehending a Dialog

Read the following dialog and answer the questions.

Interviewer:
Could you tell us about an average day in your life?
Dave: Sure, I get up early - at 5 in the morning. Then I have a shower. After that, I pray and then have breakfast.

Interviewer: Are you studying or working?
Dave: I'm a student at Indonesia University of Education.

Interviewer: What major are you in?
Dave: Educational Psychology.

Interviewer: That's interesting. Anyway, what do you do in the afternoon?
Dave: First I have lunch, then I pray and study at the library with my friends afterwards.

Interviewer: Do you have lots of homework?
Dave: Not really. I just love going to the library to read newspapers.

Interviewer: Wow, that's great. What kind of newspapers do you like reading?
Dave: Local and English ones.

Interviewer: Very interesting. What do you do in the evening?
Dave: In the evening, I go home and have dinner and listen to the radio.

Interviewer: What program do you usually listen to?
Dave: English talkshows at Radio Republik Indonesia.

Interviewer: Do you go out at night?
Dave: No. There isn't much to see here at night.

Decide if each of the statements below is TRUE (T) of FALSE (F) based on the dialog above.

1. [T - F] Dave has a shower exactly at 5 in the morning.

2. [T - F] Dave prays in the morning after breakfast.

3. [T - F] Dave is not working at Indonesia University of Education.

4. [T - F] Dave prays at the library in the afternoon.

5. [T - F] Dave doesn't have much homework.

6. [T - F] Dave reads newspapers at the library.

7. [T - F] Dave reads local newspapers in English.

8. [T - F] Dave loves listening to Radio Republik Indonesia.

9. [T - F] Dave dislikes going out at night.

10. [T - F] There isn't a lot to see at night in Dave's place.

Send your answer to my email directly and I'll respond to you immediately.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment