Friday, July 11, 2008

General Vocabulary Test

Let me update you with another English test that will help brush up on your English skills. It's been quite a few days I haven't updated this blog since the blogspot system considered it as a spam and needed some time to review it.
Anyway, this time, the focus of the exercise is on general vocabulary. Look at the pair of the sentences below and find a word that can fit to each fair.

1. a. You need to _____ the car's seat so that you can sit on it comfortably.
b. The administration have some problems in _____ing to the new system.

2. a. Your shirt is too tight, you need to take it back to the shop and _____ it.
b. It takes time to _____ to living in a town with the freezing winter like Iowa City.

3. a. You must _____ the voltage to avoid any damage in the system.
b. She planned to _____ her appearance to promote her career in a movie industry.

4. a. We can pay less for the electricity bill if we _____ from a furnace to a space heater.
b. I will have to _____ flights to avoid any delay.

5. a. They can't _____ the contract because it has been signed.
b. She really wants to have a plastic surgery to _____ her looks.

6. a. The government said that price of gas would _____ next month.
b. My manager refused to ______ my salary though he had promised me.

7. a. Because of the urbanization, many people move to cities to _____ the population there.
b. The sting I got this morning had caused my leg to _____ up.

8. a. The university has just received a big donation to _____ the old chairs.
b. I think we need to _____ the air conditioner because it has been too old.

As always, send your answers to me and I'll respond to you immediately.
Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Pleasure to know about your site

    warm regards

    K D arora
    India

    ReplyDelete